Happy Thanksgiving my fellow bloggers.
I thought long and hard about writing my thoughts on the things that I am thankful for this Thanksgiving. It has been a crazy week for me, it always is during Thanksgiving week, but with the passing of my ten-year diagnosis and suicide anniversary, it was extra special kind of crazy. Still, I am thankful for many things and here is just a few.
1. I am alive, and that means the world to me.
2. Thankful for all the positivity that my fellow bloggers have brought to my blog.
3. I am thankful for finding my place in this crazy world and how I am working towards carving my own little niche in life.
4. I am thankful for those people who are in my life today and have always been there as family and friends that I would trust with my life.
5. I am thankful for the strength to write my story down and be honest within the space I am allowed on my blog.
6. I am thankful role-playing video games and music because, without both, my depression would consume me most days.
7. I am thankful for every blogger who has shared a piece of their lives with me on my blog, you mean the world to me.
8. I am thankful that I have the ability to write and change the stigma of mental illness as much as one writer can.
9. I am thankful for starting a new journey, a new ten years where I will conquer everything I can in life.
10. I am thankful that in 2010 someone, God most likely, intervened in my suicide and kept me on this earth. I truly believe I can connect with people through my writing.
11. And lastly, I am thankful for every blogger who spends a moment of their day on my blog. I couldn’t write without you.
What are some of the things that you are thankful for? Please share in the comments below.
I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving, from my family to yours. Share smiles with the ones you love. Be happy that we are alive.
And always keep fighting.
James Edgar Skye
Please Help me Publish my Memoir
I am almost done editing my memoir “The Bipolar Writer,” and I have decided to go down the self-publishing route. If you can donate anything towards my goal, it would mean the world to me. I am still working towards enough to pay an artist for a good cover. Those that donate will get a special mention in my memoir on a page dedicated to those that made my memoir possible. Thank you in advance!
Photo Credit: Pro Church Media