The Bipolar Writer is a non-fiction memoir told from the point-of-view of James Edgar Skye about a man named David (who are one and the same because I am David).
This memoir chronicles my experiences from 2007-2017 a ten-year span of my diagnosis with Bipolar One with depressive and manic episodes, along with anxiety, and insomnia.
The context of the memoir will include journal entries, poems, and other musings that have happened in the ten-year span.
The subject matter includes but not limited to:
Stories about three different suicide attempts over the years. I will share my experiences with social anxiety, insomnia, and mania. I will talk about how much my experiences have changed me both good and bad.
- Medication and how it changed over the years.
- Doctors and how over the years they changed rapidly
- Different types of hospital visits
- Depression (which will cover many different aspects)
- Manic Episodes
- Trips to the psychiatric ward
This project is currently underway so this list may grow or shrink as I continue to write!
Photo Credit: ANDRIK LANGFIELD PETRIDES